Started logging meeting in #ubuntu-meeting
[10:01:15] <skaet> [Topic] Natty overview - skaet_
[10:01:15] <skaet> Reminder: please use ".." on separate line when you've finished typing. If someone wants to comment during the updates, please "o/", so we know to wait.
[10:01:15] <skaet> .
[10:01:15] <skaet> Agenda is at:
[10:01:15] <skaet> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2011-03-11
[10:01:16] <skaet> Bugs have built up to a significant backlog for some teams, as of 2011/03/09 bugs for Natty that are high/critical were broken down as follows:
[10:01:19] <skaet> * kernel: linux: 10 drivers: 13 ( 3 from 2010 )
[10:01:22] <skaet> * foundations: 28 ( 6 from 2010 )
[10:01:23] <skaet> * server: 5
[10:01:25] <skaet> * desktop: 16
[10:01:27] <skaet> * ubuntuone: 11 (2 from 2010 )
[10:01:29] <skaet> * kubuntu: 5 (3 from 2010 )
[10:01:31] <skaet> * desktop experience: 36 (5 from 2010 )
[10:01:35] <skaet> * arm: 11 (6 from 2010 )
[10:01:37] <pitti> o/
[10:01:37] <skaet> This is significantly up from where we were with maverick, so needs a bit of focus.
[10:01:39] <skaet> .
[10:01:41] <skaet> Milestoned bugs for beta 1 can be found:
[10:01:43] <skaet> [LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.milestone=33574.
[10:01:45] <skaet> Bugs targetted for this release can be found:
[10:01:47] <skaet> [LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+bugs
[10:01:49] <skaet> .
[10:01:51] <skaet> Note that the renaming of beta to beta-1 caused some links to become inaccurate. If you spot any that are broken, please let me know.
[10:01:54] <skaet> .
[10:01:56] <skaet> Upcoming Significant Dates:
[10:01:58] <skaet> User Interface Freeze and Beta Freeze is March 24th (at 2300 UTC ;) )
[10:02:00] <skaet> Beta 1 Release is March 31st.
[10:02:02] <skaet> questions?
[10:02:06] <skaet> ..
[10:02:08] <skaet> go pitti
[10:02:10] <marjo> o/
[10:02:12] <pitti> just waving hello, sorry
[10:02:14] <pitti> ..
[10:02:17] <skaet> lol
[10:02:20] <marjo> ditto
[10:02:21] <skaet> cool, marjo?
[10:02:25] <skaet> lol
[10:02:39] <skaet> ok if no questions, lets head into the round tables.
[10:02:51] <skaet> [Topic] QA team update - marjo
[10:03:01] <marjo> hi folks
[10:03:07] <marjo> lots to report again today
[10:03:19] <marjo> * Natty Beta 1 Work Items
[10:03:19] <marjo> http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-platform-qa-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html
[10:03:19] <marjo> - Work items on track.
[10:03:37] <marjo> * Natty boot regression report
[10:03:37] <marjo> This report includes the bug numbers submitted for systems that showed
[10:03:37] <marjo> regressions from their Maverick boot speeds.
[10:03:37] <marjo> System Maverick Natty Diff Bug Number
[10:03:37] <marjo> ------ -------- -------- ----- ----------
[10:03:38] <marjo> 201011-6750, 00:19.75, 00:18.39, -1.36, n/a
[10:03:40] <marjo> 201101-7164, 00:28.80, 00:36.38, +7.58, 731016
[10:03:42] <marjo> 201101-7174, 00:31.53, 00:39.46, +7.93, 731019
[10:03:44] <marjo> 201101-7175, 00:25.13, 00:24.81, -0.32, n/a
[10:03:46] <marjo> 201101-7183, 00:24.29, 00:31.45, +7.16, 731020
[10:03:48] <marjo> 201101-7184, 00:16.60, 00:16.13, -0.47, n/a
[10:03:50] <marjo> 201101-7185, 00:13.12, 00:18.13, +5.01, 731021
[10:03:55] <marjo> sorry for the bad formatting
[10:04:11] <marjo> The QA team will report on these boot metrics at the weekly Natty
[10:04:11] <marjo> release meeting.
[10:04:11] <marjo> The bug reports are submitted to the Ubuntu Boot Speed project [1].
[10:04:11] <marjo> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-boot-speed
[10:04:24] <marjo> Please give us feedback on the data presented and its format to make
[10:04:24] <marjo> sure it's useful for all stakeholders.
[10:04:24] <marjo> Thanks to HW Certification team (brendand) for the boot metrics data and Brian
[10:04:24] <marjo> Murray (bdmurray) for the analysis and reporting.
[10:04:30] <marjo> any questions so far?
[10:04:53] <skaet> thanks for the data with the bug numbers
[10:05:07] <marjo> skaet, these are the bugs of note for the QA team
[10:05:10] <marjo> * Blocking bugs
[10:05:10] <marjo> bug 711231
[10:05:10] <marjo> bug 717166
[10:05:10] <marjo> bug 729827
[10:05:10] <marjo> bug 711587
[10:05:20] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 711231 in compiz (Ubuntu Natty) "compiz crashed with SIGSEGV in __pthread_mutex_lock()" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/711231
[10:05:21] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 717166 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Natty) "Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/717166
[10:05:23] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 729827 in unity (Ubuntu Natty) "at-spi-registry consumes most of the CPU and make the system unusable on Natty" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/729827
[10:05:25] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 711587 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Natty) "powernap and Eucalyptus seem unable to reach an understanding" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/711587
[10:05:52] <marjo> * QA Dashboard
[10:05:52] <marjo> http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/qadashboard/qadashboard.html
[10:05:52] <marjo> Note unity, nux and linux are in both the "Last Day" and "Last 7 Days" metrics.
[10:05:52] <marjo> * Testing status:
[10:05:52] <marjo> Desktop Automated Testing results
[10:05:53] <marjo> http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/desktop-testing/natty/
[10:05:55] <marjo> Number of 2D tests: 315
[10:05:57] <marjo> Number of Unity tests: 296
[10:05:59] <marjo> List of bugs found is at the bottom of page.
[10:06:01] <marjo> Server Automated Testing results
[10:06:05] <marjo> http://204.236.234.12/view/ISO-server-Natty/?
[10:06:08] <marjo> 1 failure under investigation by hggdh.
[10:06:10] <marjo> Automatic Upgrade Testing
[10:06:11] <marjo> http://people.canonical.com/~mvo/automatic-upgrade-testing/current/
[10:06:13] <marjo> per mvo,
[10:06:15] <marjo> same bugs as before: sudo prompt and the openoffice file overwrite problem
[10:06:17] <marjo> some tests removed, while waiting for disk space
[10:06:19] <marjo> ..
[10:06:51] <skaet> Thanks Marjo! re: 711231, why is a blocking bug only a medium importance? can you look at that offline?
[10:07:02] <marjo> skaet: will do
[10:07:34] * skaet still looking at the data
[10:08:04] <skaet> any other questions?
[10:08:24] <marjo> thx skaet
[10:08:32] <skaet> ok, will move on. Thanks again for all that lovely data marjo, will study a bit more after the meeting.
[10:08:40] <marjo> skaet: yw
[10:08:47] <skaet> [Topic] Hardware Certification team update - ara
[10:08:51] <ara> Hello! Happy Friday!
[10:08:54] <skaet> :)
[10:08:57] <ara> This week the testing went pretty well! Really good coverage:
[10:08:57] <ara> [LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/hw-testing/current
[10:08:58] <ara> (and no broken images, soooo glad that the FF week is over)
[10:09:08] <ara> Some highlights from this week testing:
[10:09:08] <ara> The Tecra R700 is still failing resume:
[10:09:08] <ara> [LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/708286
[10:09:10] <ubottu> Ubuntu bug 708286 in linux (Ubuntu) "Resume after suspend not working - Toshiba Tecra R700" [Undecided,New]
[10:09:16] <ara> Some systems are failing the fwts_test, that was supposed to be fixed in Natty. We are investigating the root cause.
[10:09:29] <ara> And a couple of system didn't report back. We will investigate those.
[10:09:29] <ara> Other than that, pretty good week in terms of HW quality!
[10:09:29] <ara> Also, before I finish, I'd like to thank the QA team for setting up the automated installation testing for server, alternate and desktop. It is going to save us a lot of time!
[10:09:29] <ara> ..
[10:09:47] <marjo> ara: thx!
[10:09:51] <skaet> thanks ara!
[10:10:08] <marjo> thx to jibel!
[10:10:20] <skaet> will look at the links after the meeting.
[10:10:26] <skaet> any questions for ara?
[10:10:42] <skaet> [Topic] Security team update - jdstrand
[10:10:53] <jdstrand> hi
[10:11:00] <jdstrand> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty
[10:11:01] <skaet> :)
[10:11:01] <jdstrand> [LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-security.html
[10:11:20] <jdstrand> I just closed 15 kernel CVE bugs that had incorrect natty tasks, so that is nice. :) Fixed bug #728434, but otherwise there is not a lot to report. Our team has been focusing primarily on stable release updates.
[10:11:22] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 728434 in dbus (Ubuntu Natty) "[natty] dbus fails to install in a schroot" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/728434
[10:11:34] <jdstrand> We have no remaining milestoned features for beta. We have a couple of low priority bugs for beta. We are below the trend line on work items overall.
[10:11:39] <jdstrand> ..
[10:11:46] <skaet> thanks jdstrand!
[10:12:02] <skaet> and thanks for closing the bugs that had incorrect natty tasks! :D
[10:12:13] <skaet> any questions?
[10:12:15] <jdstrand> sure! :)
[10:12:28] <skaet> [Topic] Kernel team update - apw
[10:13:19] * skaet looks around for kernel team member and wonders if she's missed an email....:P
[10:13:56] <skaet> ok, we'll come back to them later.
[10:14:10] <skaet> [Topic] Foundations team update - mvo
[10:14:27] <mvo> Work items:
[10:14:27] <mvo> http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-foundations.html
[10:14:27] <mvo> Looking good
[10:14:27] <mvo> Beta-1:
[10:14:27] <mvo> http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-foundations-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html
[10:14:31] <mvo> Mostly good, but the remaining bits of "other-foundations-n-disconnected-upgrade" will have to be postponed (blocked on decision how the meta-release file should be mirrored/handled)
[10:14:34] <mvo> Team activity:
[10:14:36] <mvo> Colin 'x86 asm' Watson fixed critical wubi/grub bug#693671!
[10:14:38] <mvo> Team did upstart 0.9.x work, fixed long standing #436936 (gdm) bug, ubiquity slideshow improvements, wubi improvements/fixes, fixes, general bugfixing, ubuntu-distributed-development work, apt/aptdaemon/software-center/apt-clone work, work on event based initramfs
[10:14:42] <mvo> (done)
[10:15:17] <skaet> thanks mvo! good news about 693671 and those other bugs... :)
[10:15:33] <mvo> indeed
[10:15:40] <skaet> any questions?
[10:16:14] <skaet> [Topic] Server team update - Daviey
[10:16:17] <Daviey> Hello!
[10:16:28] <skaet> :)
[10:16:32] <Daviey> General Release Status:
[10:16:32] <Daviey> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty
[10:16:33] <Daviey> Quick Burn down for features:
[10:16:33] <Daviey> http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-server-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html
[10:16:33] <Daviey> == Work Items ==
[10:16:33] <Daviey> Generally we are making good progress with the work items. Other than those below, the ones under the progress are work items which are largely limited to documentation, or not relevant for the distro release. Such as webtrial.
[10:16:37] <Daviey> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/cloud-server-n-install-service
[10:16:39] <Daviey> -- RoAkSoAx is taking some of the burden of this, some parts may be defered, but expecting rapid progress.
[10:16:44] <Daviey> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/cloud-server-n-automated-testing
[10:16:46] <Daviey> -- Currently under progress, will be used to help QA cloud images (tradional testing used in conjunction)
[10:16:49] <Daviey> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/packageselection-server-n-drizzle-integration
[10:16:51] <Daviey> -- Awaiting an update
[10:16:53] <Daviey> == Milestoned Bugs ==
[10:16:55] <Daviey> = Outstanding =
[10:16:57] <Daviey> 561779 - squid - squid is not started on runlevel transition 1 -> 2.
[10:16:59] <Daviey> 727286 - libvirt - apparmor is blocking libvirt-bin from accessing folders in "/
[10:17:01] <Daviey> = In progress =
[10:17:03] <Daviey> 697753 - bittorrent recommendation prevents bittorrent demotion
[10:17:05] <Daviey> *REALLY* Will be fixed in next upload (sorry).
[10:17:07] <Daviey> 711587 - powernap and Eucalyptus seem unable to reach an understanding
[10:17:09] <Daviey> RoAkSoAx investigating, good progress
[10:17:13] <Daviey> 717166 - Eucalyptus - Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty
[10:17:15] <Daviey> Working with upstream to resolve
[10:17:17] <Daviey> 580319 - dhcp3-server launches before upstart brings all interface, thus failing to start
[10:17:19] <Daviey> Assigned to JamesHunt
[10:17:21] <Daviey> 732759 - [FFe] [needs-packaging] python-ethtool
[10:17:23] <Daviey> Awaiting ~ubuntu-release giving FFe.
[10:17:25] <Daviey> 727342 - package open-vm-dkms 2010.06.16-268169-3ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: open-vm-tools kernel module failed to build
[10:17:28] <Daviey> Serge spent significant time trying to cherry pick a patch to work with newer kernels. It's looking like a new upstream version is the best, so he will be seeking a FFe to land that.
[10:17:31] <Daviey> = Not critical f
[10:17:33] <Daviey> = Not critical for release =
[10:17:35] <Daviey> 727286 - apparmor is blocking libvirt-bin from accessing folders in "/"
[10:17:37] <Daviey> jdstrand investigating
[10:17:39] <Daviey> == Other ==
[10:17:43] <Daviey> The axisc2 bug that has been keeping us awake at night for the last few months has been fixed by janimo, so he our hero of the week. He can claim his berverage from me at UDS.
[10:17:46] <Daviey> ...
[10:17:52] <jdstrand> investigating is strong
[10:17:58] <jdstrand> or weak
[10:18:08] <jdstrand> I know precisely what it is :)
[10:18:35] <skaet> Thanks Daviey! appreciate the details, will study and folllow up after the meeting.
[10:18:36] <Daviey> (Life is good, most serious bug on server is still bug #717166, and upstream are going to be more responsive)
[10:18:37] * jdstrand stops derailing the meeting now
[10:18:37] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 717166 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Natty) "Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/717166
[10:18:55] <Daviey> jdstrand, Oh, you are - you just don't know it yet
[10:19:16] <skaet> very happy to see the axisc2 bug gone as well. :D
[10:19:44] <skaet> [Topic] Desktop team update - pitti
[10:19:55] <pitti> Blueprint implementation:
[10:19:58] <pitti> * On track for entire cycle
[10:20:00] <pitti> * beta-1: not much progress last week, but the actual implementation bits are mostly done; remaining WIs fall into those categories:
[10:20:02] <pitti> * Adding unit tests, human testing, etc. (not bound by FF or other freezes; b1 milestone was used mainly for planning)
[10:20:04] <pitti> * Some remaining a11y work for Unity; worked on by DX, we just need to integrate once it's landing
[10:20:06] <pitti> * Porting remaining software to xulrunner-2.0 (not really bound by FF, but should be done soon); stragglers will be removed from the archive; the main blocker here is swt-gtk which is required by eucalyptus, as discussed last week
[10:20:08] <pitti> * Quickly improvements, which are blocked on Launchpad improvements; will likely be postponed
[10:20:10] <pitti> * Sofware-Center UI enhancements: Some are probably done, but some implementation work left; will discuss with Gary
[10:20:12] <pitti> General status:
[10:20:14] <pitti> * Another Unity release with a lot of bug fixes; now brings real keyboard navigation
[10:20:16] <pitti> * CD oversizedness got resolved now
[10:20:18] <pitti> * We finally fixed Firefox translations in langpack-o-matic; new packs uploaded, working well now
[10:20:20] <pitti> * openoffice.org ? libreoffice transitional packages/upgrades are still being worked out; yesterday we landed the dictionaries and thesauri, and the transitional oo.o made through NEW
[10:20:22] <pitti> RC bugs:
[10:20:24] <pitti> - no current blockers, just the usual manpower issue
[10:20:26] <pitti> - details at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus#rcbugs
[10:20:27] <pitti> ..
[10:21:23] <skaet> Thanks pitti!
[10:21:35] <skaet> will dig into the rcbugs link later.
[10:21:40] <skaet> any questions?
[10:21:55] <skaet> [Topic] Ubuntu One Team - joshuahoover
[10:22:04] <joshuahoover> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/NattyReleaseStatus
[10:22:09] <joshuahoover> details on where we're at with our natty work and releases are in the link above
[10:22:14] <joshuahoover> FFE update... Bindwood FFE bug #648587 should be landing next week & ubuntuone-couch in universal bug #729117 is getting uploaded by kenvandine
[10:22:18] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 648587 in Bindwood "[FFE] bindwood is incompatible with Firefox 4" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/648587
[10:22:19] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 729117 in Ubuntu "[FFE] Add ubuntuone-couch to universe " [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/729117
[10:22:23] <joshuahoover> the list of bugs we're working on currently can be found in the link i posted earlier...i don't think there are any worth highlighting in particular
[10:22:28] <joshuahoover> this week we've been updating our acceptance test cases related to natty/unity...more on that next week :)
[10:22:43] <joshuahoover> and that's it for this week for u1 - questions?
[10:22:43] <joshuahoover> --
[10:23:09] <skaet> thanks joshuahoover! will look into the bugs and get back to you offline. :)
[10:23:20] <joshuahoover> skaet: cool :)
[10:23:28] <skaet> [Topic] Kubuntu Team update - Riddell
[10:23:31] <ScottK> Riddell is away at kde.conf.in this week.
[10:23:41] <ScottK> We've landed KDE SC 4.6.1.
[10:23:54] <ScottK> The arm team made some good progress for us on Qt on arm.
[10:24:05] <ScottK> Still waiting to hear when they want to switch back to gcc4.5.
[10:24:19] <ScottK> Arm gl -> gles transition is making good progress.
[10:24:33] <ScottK> (plasma-mobile will now run gl free on armel)
[10:24:53] <ScottK> n900 kernel is in the archive and working now thanks to jdstrand for doing the New review.
[10:24:54] <ScottK> ..
[10:25:09] <skaet> Thanks ScottK!
[10:25:32] <skaet> gcc 4.5 is still getting resolved.
[10:25:38] <doko> is resolved
[10:25:46] <skaet> sweet. :)
[10:26:06] <ScottK> Yes. I'm just waiting to see if the arm team is ready to upload Qt building with it.
[10:26:30] <ScottK> I think they wanted to test the neon and volatile IT changes.
[10:26:52] <ScottK> I imagine ogra knows ...
[10:27:05] <skaet> doko, can you give us all an update on where we are with gcc 4.5 at the end of the meeting, and what we should be expecting?
[10:28:07] <ScottK> Any more questions?
[10:28:10] * skaet hopes doko will stick around and compose a summary while we're working through the rest..
[10:28:30] <doko> skaet: will drop off in 5min. see my email to you. can do it later offline
[10:28:33] <ogra> ScottK, right, NEON test still pending
[10:28:46] <ScottK> ogra: Any idea when that can get done?
[10:28:57] <skaet> thanks doko. will follow up offline then.
[10:28:58] <ogra> ScottK, i know its on GrueMasters TODO
[10:29:05] <ogra> with pretty high prio
[10:29:10] <ScottK> If it's going to be very long, it might be better to go ahead and upload Qt building against 4.5 rather than wait.
[10:30:35] <skaet> thanks again, will move on now.
[10:30:43] <skaet> [Topic] Desktop Experience Team Update - dbarth
[10:32:26] <skaet> anyone else around from DX team? oubiwann, njpatel?
[10:32:40] <oubiwann> skaet: here
[10:33:01] <oubiwann> skaet: I don't have dbarth_'s notes, though :-/
[10:33:05] <skaet> thanks oubiwann, is there an update from DX team this week?
[10:33:34] * skaet figures they're probably working on that nasty long bug list... ;)
[10:33:58] <skaet> ok, will follow up with dbarth off list
[10:34:09] <oubiwann> yeah, they've been pounding away at it
[10:34:14] <skaet> [Topic] ARM team update - ogra
[10:34:52] <ogra> Status is at:
[10:34:52] <ogra> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty
[10:34:52] <ogra> ..
[10:34:52] <ogra> Summary:
[10:34:52] <ogra> * Qt should be fixed so far, we are still waiting for tests on non-NEON arches.
[10:34:53] <ogra> * OMAP4 TI kernel was switched to .38 but is not on the images yet.
[10:34:55] <ogra> * unity-2d bugfix update will land this weekend
[10:34:57] <ogra> * Mono ARM research is going on, NCommander rebuilds various versions to have comparison data
[10:34:58] <ogra> * ARM specific FTBFS list is shrinking
[10:35:00] <ogra> ..
[10:35:02] <ogra> Image status:
[10:35:06] <ogra> * Netbook images are building fine (move to new kernel pending)
[10:35:08] <ogra> * New headless image was introduced this week
[10:35:11] <ogra> Specs:
[10:35:12] <ogra> Entire status: http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel.html
[10:35:14] <ogra> Milestone: http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html
[10:35:17] <ogra> ..
[10:35:22] <dbarth_> ah sorry
[10:35:28] <skaet> thanks ogra!
[10:35:32] <dbarth_> skaet: o/
[10:35:43] <skaet> dbarth_, cool, we'll come back to you next.
[10:36:25] <skaet> ogra, will the .38 kernel land next week?
[10:36:47] <ogra> skaet, its already in the archive, the meta didnt make it in time to make it land on todays image
[10:36:54] <skaet> cool. :)
[10:36:56] <ogra> and it requires some image changes too
[10:37:15] <ogra> (needs video options set on cmdline currently)
[10:37:45] <ogra> the video driver is, while it currently works, still WIP
[10:37:54] <skaet> ok, will keep an eye open for some churn then.
[10:38:23] <skaet> [Topic] MOTU team update - ScottK
[10:38:33] <ScottK> Hello again.
[10:38:36] <skaet> :)
[10:38:54] <ScottK> The decision to revert the DSO linking changes for this cycle helps us hugely in terms of buildability.
[10:39:21] <ScottK> Hopefully Debian will start the python2.7 transition soon and so we may benefit from fixes in Debian.
[10:39:42] <ScottK> Nothing major to report. There's some NBS to deal with, but it seems reasonable.
[10:39:43] <ScottK> ..
[10:40:08] <skaet> Thanks ScottK! any questions?
[10:40:35] <skaet> [Topic] Desktop Experience team update - dbarth_
[10:41:17] <dbarth_> ok
[10:41:22] <dbarth_> now i'm here
[10:41:25] <skaet> :)
[10:41:34] <dbarth_> the report is at the usual location: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/NattyReleaseStatus
[10:41:50] <dbarth_> the list of FFEs is maintained here with the corresponding bugs
[10:42:23] <dbarth_> quick overview of the bug fixes: 71 fixes for unity only this week
[10:42:31] <dbarth_> the team made 2 releases
[10:43:06] <dbarth_> the overlay scrollbar appeared on the release radar however, and we're now working with platform to fix bugs and have a list of safe applications for it
[10:43:32] <dbarth_> also work on GL driver support (see QA section at the bottom) to make a matrix of supported configurations
[10:43:57] <dbarth_> we got the first batch of results from victor's team (thanks ara) and marjo's team will help us complete that with the help of the community
[10:44:01] <dbarth_> foundations
[10:44:09] <dbarth_> sound indicator release: always getting better
[10:44:39] <dbarth_> indicators and dbusmenu fixes: the alt keys / accelerators bugs are slowly getitng fixed; we're missing a fix at unity's level now, but that should be quick next week
[10:44:55] <dbarth_> a11y: lots of fixes as well
[10:45:03] <dbarth_> but places a11y was out of reach for this week
[10:45:10] <dbarth_> will re-evaluate next week
[10:45:13] <dbarth_> and that's it
[10:45:14] <dbarth_> ...
[10:45:20] <dbarth_> questions? tomatoes?
[10:45:38] <dbarth_> ..
[10:45:56] <skaet> thanks dbarth_! great to see the number of fixes coming in! when do you estimate scrollbar to be ready to include?
[10:46:19] <dbarth_> once we have that list of known/good apps
[10:46:24] <dbarth_> ie, next week
[10:46:29] <dbarth_> (can't be later than that)
[10:46:39] <dbarth_> overall cimi has been able to fix bugs rather quickly
[10:46:44] <dbarth_> 11 or so still open
[10:46:54] <dbarth_> and huge perf. improvements were made this afternoon
[10:47:04] <dbarth_> in apps where it was not that good (evolution comes to mind)
[10:47:10] <dbarth_> (yes we can make evolution fast ;)
[10:47:48] <skaet> Cool :) can you please ping me directly before scrollbar lands, so we can juggle it in with some of the other changes on toolchains, etc.
[10:48:25] <dbarth_> skaet: sure
[10:48:36] <dbarth_> skaet: it should be on thursday, for our regular upload window
[10:48:56] <skaet> thanks dbarth_!
[10:49:01] <skaet> any other questions?
[10:49:26] <skaet> [Topic] Linaro update - JamieBennett
[10:49:42] <JamieBennett> o/
[10:50:09] <JamieBennett> So we have a new Linaro kernel package coming soon
[10:50:25] <JamieBennett> to fix some panda display issues we've been having (amongst other bugs)
[10:50:42] <JamieBennett> also some systemtap v1.3 enablement
[10:51:05] <JamieBennett> slangasek: is working on some apt and dpkg patches that will land very soon for multi-arch support
[10:51:27] <JamieBennett> Other than that we don't have many other intersections
[10:51:30] <JamieBennett> ..
[10:51:53] <skaet> thanks JamieBennett
[10:51:55] <skaet> :)
[10:51:57] <slangasek> apt has indeed landed, thanks mvo ; dpkg waiting for upstream sign-off before I upload; I'll send a FFe request for the changes to the other libs packages
[10:52:17] <skaet> thanks slangasek
[10:52:33] <skaet> any questions?
[10:52:54] <skaet> [Topic] any other kudos/comments/questions?
[10:53:04] <holstein> skaet: i have something
[10:53:15] <holstein> if this is the general open portion
[10:53:17] <skaet> hi holstein! welcome.
[10:53:25] <holstein> skaet: thanks :)
[10:53:29] <holstein> relating to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dbus-c++/+bug/730759
[10:53:31] <ubottu> Ubuntu bug 730759 in dbus-c++ (Ubuntu Natty) "[MIR] b-d for libffado" [High,Incomplete]
[10:53:36] <holstein> and https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libconfig/+bug/730760
[10:53:37] <ubottu> Ubuntu bug 730760 in libconfig (Ubuntu Natty) "[MIR] b-d for libffado" [High,Incomplete]
[10:53:46] <holstein> and demoting libffado from main
[10:53:57] <holstein> we (ubuntustudio) need that in the main repo
[10:54:16] <holstein> and im not really sure what i can do now to help resolve the issue
[10:54:17] <holstein> BUT
[10:54:21] <holstein> i commented on the bugs
[10:54:23] <pitti> are dbus-c++ and libconfig not appropriate for main?
[10:54:37] <holstein> and im trying to sort it out ASAP
[10:55:03] <holstein> pitti: im not sure what the deal is exactly
[10:55:28] <pitti> libconfig just needs a package fix to add symbol files (should go to debian as well)
[10:55:56] <holstein> pitti: that sounds easy
[10:56:04] <holstein> who do i talk to about it?
[10:56:16] <pitti> you can't/don't want to fix yourself?
[10:56:16] <Daviey> looks like holstein is happy to chase this issue, i wonder if doko would help liase with him offline.
[10:56:21] <pitti> any ubuntu dev should be able to do it really
[10:56:30] <holstein> pitti: i will if i can
[10:56:33] * holstein is a musician
[10:56:41] <holstein> im not a total newb
[10:56:51] <holstein> but im not quite up to the task im afraid
[10:57:04] <holstein> yeah, chasing is not a problem
[10:57:06] <Daviey> holstein, Lets track it, and discuss it in -devel.
[10:57:13] <holstein> OR if its something i can read about and learn to fix
[10:57:14] <holstein> im in
[10:57:26] <pitti> the other is a bigger problem -- if the package is orphaned in Debian, someone in Ubuntnu needs to maintain it
[10:57:39] <holstein> pitti: i could probably find that too
[10:57:41] <holstein> a maintainer
[10:57:43] <holstein> i can ask
[10:57:52] <pitti> otherwise we need to disable the feature, or roll back to an earlier version (which isn't a long-term solution, though)
[10:58:10] <pitti> holstein: someone from ubuntustudio ideally, as they would care most about this, perhaps?
[10:58:20] <holstein> pitti: right, i have a few ideas
[10:58:26] <Daviey> (mythbuntu dropped the dep on it today BTW)
[10:58:51] <holstein> pitti: i am from ubuntustudio ;)
[10:58:58] <pitti> for now, adding symbols files would come a long way towards making it more appropriate
[10:58:59] <holstein> we have some new actual dev-types though
[10:59:13] <holstein> pitti: can i contact you about this?
[10:59:21] <holstein> with questions or whatever?
[10:59:29] <holstein> and what kind of time frame are we talking?
[10:59:36] <pitti> I guess dbus-C++ doesn't need a lot of maintenance, it's just a binding
[10:59:36] <holstein> a week?
[10:59:42] <holstein> couple days?
[10:59:47] <pitti> holstein: yeah, I hang out in devel
[10:59:57] <pitti> holstein: by beta-1 would be good
[11:00:14] <skaet> holstein, thanks for bringing the issue up. yeah getting this all resolved before beta-1 would be good.
[11:00:43] <holstein> skaet pitti - that should not be a problem
[11:00:50] <holstein> i'll chase it, and thank you
[11:01:07] <skaet> :)
[11:01:48] <skaet> One other bit... heard from kernel team. Will be adding note from them into minutes.
[11:01:55] <skaet> anyone else?
[11:02:36] <skaet> thank you marjo, ara, jdstrand, smb, mvo, pitti, Daviey, ScottK, joshuahoover, dbarth_, doko, ogra, holstein
[11:02:41] <skaet> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.