Started logging meeting in #ubuntu-manual
[15:10:27] <godbyk> Hello, MootBot, my old friend.
[15:10:29] <MichealH> Hi o/
[15:10:46] <godbyk> [TOPIC] Discuss turning the 'project leader' role into a marketing and recuiting team role.
[15:11:14] <c7p1> before all agenda
[15:11:23] <godbyk> Ah, yes. Thanks, c7p1.
[15:11:34] <godbyk> We had to move the agenda page because the previous pad server went offline.
[15:12:00] <godbyk> We had two people apply for the project leader role and four apply for the editor in chief role.
[15:12:32] <godbyk> Since there were only two applicants for the project leader role, we were considering just having both of them join forces and form a marketing/recruiting/etc. team.
[15:12:32] <MichealH> godbyk, Its okay, as long as we have the Etherpad :)
[15:13:02] <godbyk> But I wanted to get your thoughts on that first. I'd like to hear from the applicants on this, too.
[15:13:08] <godbyk> Any thoughts?
[15:13:26] <beginer> nope
[15:13:34] <MichealH> godbyk, As I have worked with Jason, and have been asked to do so by my UBT Master, i think it would be great
[15:13:56] <Teotw> although not applying for the project leader role, I think it's a good idea
[15:13:59] <popey> I'd be interested in seeing what work both jason and michael have completed for the ubuntu project
[15:14:06] <popey> i.e. not stuff that's been started, but _completed_
[15:14:22] <MichealH> Unfortunalty It seems Jason is not here... :(
[15:14:40] <godbyk> While we discuss this, everyone is welcome to read the emails and resumes submitted by the applicants:
[15:15:02] <hannie> I'm busy reading them now
[15:15:29] <godbyk> Okay, I'll ask a slightly more pointed question then: Is anyone *against* the idea of turning the 'project leader' role into a marketing/recruitment/etc. team?
[15:15:54] <MichealH> I would not mind :P
[15:16:08] <c7p1> to candidates: if you could add you name next to your nickname in the pad/agenda, that would be very helpful for everyone
[15:16:18] <hannie> can you explain a bit more about that?
[15:16:41] <MichealH> As my UBT Master has indeed taught me the art of 'kidnapping' people and other important stuff, I can do some of that already
[15:17:07] <shrini> what will be the roles and duties?
[15:17:23] <MichealH> c7p1, Where shall I put it?
[15:17:28] <godbyk> The roles we posted are shown here:
[15:17:36] <MichealH> I have my Nick next to my name in the pad names list
[15:17:37] <c7p1> MichealH:
[15:17:52] <MichealH> c7p1, I mean, where in the document?
[15:18:13] <beginer> hey jasono ? is that you>?
[15:18:23] <godbyk> The project leader's primary responsibilities are to promote the project and help recruit new members.
[15:18:23] <MichealH> Hi Jason :D
[15:18:35] <jasono> Hi beginer Yes it is, sorry I'm late.
[15:18:45] <jasono> Hey MichealH
[15:18:47] <godbyk> jasono: No problem.
[15:18:48] <MichealH> godbyk, As I said, my UBT Master has helped me perfect that art :)
[15:19:23] <godbyk> jasono: We were just discussing the idea of turning the 'project leader' role into a marketing/recruitment team for both you and MichealH. Do you have any objections?
[15:19:23] <beginer> jasono just chill
[15:20:01] <jasono> godbyk I have no problem with that. Care to explain more?
[15:20:05] <MichealH> jasono, I would love us both to work on UM together
[15:20:08] <jasono> beginer Sure.
[15:20:35] <jasono> MichealH I'm willing.
[15:20:44] <godbyk> jasono: Sure. You and MichealH were the only two applicants for that role. Instead of electing just one of you, we thought we might coerce the two of you into working together.
[15:21:17] * popey wonders if his question will get addressed.
[15:21:45] <godbyk> So effectively, jasono and MichealH would be sharing the role and working together.
[15:21:59] <MichealH> Im perfectly willing :)
[15:22:11] <MichealH> (as long as Jason is)
[15:22:15] * shrini claps
[15:22:17] <godbyk> popey: You might re-ask it since jasono is here now.
[15:22:25] <popey> 20:13:59 < popey> I'd be interested in seeing what work both jason and michael have completed for the ubuntu project
[15:22:27] <popey> 20:14:06 < popey> i.e. not stuff that's been started, but _completed_
[15:22:31] <jasono> MichealH of course.
[15:22:49] <beginer> lol
[15:22:55] <c7p1> in other words you will both work both in a team that has as it's main goal to promote the project, attract new members
[15:23:12] <MichealH> c7p1, Yeah, I understood :)
[15:23:23] <c7p1> that's what we called "marketing team" on previous meeting, at least that was the idea
[15:24:06] <jasono> popey I honestly have no completed work.
[15:24:59] <popey> thanks jasono
[15:25:00] <MichealH> Me and Jason were going to start a IRC Bot, but as SpeechControl was pushed upstream and so was the SII, we could not start it as
[15:25:12] <MichealH> Alot of work was put int o start work, though
[15:25:26] <MichealH> s/int o/into
[15:25:49] <MichealH> and also, we had thought again about the IRCBot
[15:26:07] <MichealH> Leaving our work ready to start, but not completed.
[15:26:09] <c7p1> so i guess we are done with this topic, if so we should move on
[15:26:11] <shrini> what will that bot do?
[15:26:14] <c7p1> is there anything else ?
[15:26:19] <shrini> ok
[15:26:22] <shrini> we can move on
[15:26:32] <MichealH> shrini, It was going to help people with Hearing and Sight problems
[15:26:39] <shrini> awesome
[15:26:42] <MichealH> It was gonna help them IRC :)
[15:27:06] <jasono> I'm also helping out with BrowserSpeak
[15:27:13] <MichealH> c7p1, Totally doe here :)
[15:27:16] <MichealH> *done
[15:27:26] <godbyk> Okay, it sounds like both MichealH and jasono are willing to work together as a marketing and recruitment team.
[15:27:39] <MichealH> godbyk, Indeed we are
[15:27:59] <jasono> A little similar to the one MichealH and I are doing, but it's a Chrom(ium)e extension.
[15:28:12] <godbyk> [ACTION] MichaelH and jasono will work together on a newly formed marketing/recruitment team to promote the Ubuntu Manual Project and help recruit new team members.
[15:28:28] * jasono Awesome.
[15:28:30] <godbyk> [TOPIC] Editor in chief
[15:28:39] <godbyk> Next up, we'll take a look at the editor in chief applicants.
[15:28:58] <godbyk> You can view the emails and resumes from those applicants here:
[15:29:35] <godbyk> If any of the editor applicants are present and would like to talk about their background and how they'd like to contribute to the project, feel free.
[15:30:04] <godbyk> We'll take a few minutes to chat with any present applicants and review the emails.
[15:30:06] <Teotw> Shall I go first, or does anyone else want to?
[15:30:08] <rickfosb> Sure My name is Rick Fosburgh. I'm a Senior Specialist with AT&T responsible for Service Metric and Capacity results. I have led efforts to design and implement software, primarily in C and CSQL. I've also led the team responsible for documentation of those software development projects.
[15:31:02] <rickfosb> Teotw Sorry.. I hit send about the time I saw your remark.
[15:31:14] <Teotw> Hey no problem
[15:31:14] <rickfosb> Until recently, I've been an avid Ubuntu user. Rather than spending time in development, I felt a role in editing the Ubuntu Manual would be a good fit. However, I look forward to working with this team in any capacity you see fit.
[15:31:34] <rickfosb> Thanks! for the opportunity.
[15:31:49] <godbyk> Thanks, rickfosb!
[15:31:54] <godbyk> Teotw: Feel free to jump in.
[15:31:58] <shrini> Thanks for the interest guys
[15:33:13] <Teotw> Ok then, my name is Daniel Duncan. I have a grade A in both English & English literature. I have also 100% in Design and Technology GCSE. Those are my only achievements (in this general area) but then again I'm only 17.
[15:33:54] <shrini> :-)
[15:34:04] <Teotw> I have been in an avid Ubuntu user for several years now, and have only helped a little in the Ubuntu community
[15:34:21] <Teotw> which is the main reason I wish to have this role, as I have a strong desire to give something back.
[15:35:01] <Teotw> (Next applicant can go!)
[15:35:21] <c7p1> thanks Teotw
[15:35:45] <godbyk> Are there any other editor in chief applicants here?
[15:36:19] <godbyk> Anyone present should feel free to ask questions of the applicants.
[15:37:18] <MichealH> Teotw, As Editor in Cheif, what will you do to make sure all manuals are "ship-shape" as I could put it before release?
[15:37:47] <MichealH> Would you test them personally? Or would you dedicate a team for testing?
[15:38:10] <Teotw> Well, even though it is potentially long winded, one thing would be to go through the manual as a new user to Ubuntu, testing them out on my guinea-pig laptop
[15:38:33] <Teotw> and from there check factual accuracy, how readable it is, spelling, as well.
[15:39:13] <MichealH> You would give it some sort of quality mark for each section?
[15:39:34] <MichealH> So the more questions a new user could ask, the less of a quality mark it would get?
[15:39:39] <Teotw> Yes,
[15:39:56] <Teotw> A quality mark, and comments.
[15:40:01] <godbyk> For both rickfosb and Teotw: It takes a number of months (and a lot of hours) to complete an edition of the manual. Do you foresee any problems with being able to dedicate the time required (especially over the long term)?
[15:40:29] <Teotw> I see no reason not to be able to dedicate the time required (unless there's a coffee shortage!)
[15:40:46] <MichealH> Teotw, hehe ;)
[15:40:51] <Teotw> ;P
[15:41:10] <shrini> how will you manage translations?
[15:41:11] <hannie> Is the job not more about delegating others?
[15:41:17] <rickfosb> godbyk I do have a day job. But this is the type of work that adds 'spice' to your life. I'll put in the hours. :)
[15:41:23] <godbyk> Please note that we don't provide coffee. :-)
[15:41:32] <Teotw> godbyk: Lmao
[15:41:41] <MichealH> godbyk, heh, You provide your own coffee :P
[15:41:54] <Teotw> shrini, hannie: Are the questions directed at both of us?
[15:42:04] <shrini> yes
[15:42:10] <hannie> in general
[15:42:11] <rickfosb> I find that extra eye are always good to have on documentation. However, prior to a release, the ultimate responsibility should fall to the EIC. I would expect that I'd spend those final hours review the work of the team and checking the work.
[15:42:30] <hannie> You must let others do the work!
[15:42:34] <MichealH> Teotw, How would you communicate with the Leaders, at what times would you come to us to ask us a favour?
[15:42:35] <godbyk> hannie: A lot of delegation is involved, yes. But we definitely want someone who will stick around throughout the entire release cycle.
[15:42:51] <Teotw> shrini: translations will be managed by finding and delegating people for translations.
[15:43:04] <hannie> godbyk, yes, but it takes special skills to delegate
[15:43:18] <rickfosb> shrini I'm new to this part of the process, however, I would expect to work closely with those team members to ensure that the output document shares the same look and feel of the original.
[15:43:41] <Teotw> MichaelH: IRC, skype, email, msn and from 7:00pm to 11:00 pm weekdays, and probably not the weekend
[15:43:42] <shrini> great
[15:44:05] <shrini> look and feel is same as we use latex
[15:44:14] <shrini> for typesetting
[15:44:23] <c7p1> please give some time to candidates to answer :)
[15:45:26] <MichealH> Teotw, That in UTC?
[15:45:39] <Teotw> yes, sorry, probably should have mentioned that!
[15:45:49] <MichealH> Okay, I am on UTC :)
[15:45:59] <MichealH> Not too sure about jasono, though
[15:46:08] <Teotw> For any other timezones, I might make a delay to emails, or something
[15:46:30] <c7p1> i would like to ask both applicants if they will work for the project despite of not being electing as Editor in Chief
[15:46:46] <c7p1> elected*
[15:47:08] <Teotw> I don't mind what I do, though my preference is definitely Editor in Chief
[15:47:32] <jasono> MichealH: UTC-4:00
[15:47:35] <rickfosb> Per my opening, I'll continue to work with the team. And am looking forward to this. :-)
[15:48:26] <MichealH> jasono, Wanna ask any quesions to the EIC candidates?
[15:48:45] <jasono> MchealH Sure.
[15:49:01] <MichealH> rickfosb, Again, If you ever needed to contact me or Jason, how and when would you do it?
[15:49:46] <MichealH> How often would you ask us something, or suggest something that will be benificial to your team?
[15:50:23] <jasono> Teotw How much time are you willing to spend too be EIC?-What will you do to make sure everything is well and up to date?
[15:50:30] <rickfosb> It would depend on time sensitivity. Email is at your discretion. I do have access to skype, etc. as well as a 'generous' phone allowance :) I intend to minimize impact to your life while getting the job done.
[15:51:37] <Teotw> jasono: I would willing to be EIC as long as you would like me too - I would spend as much time as possible (I can't say how many hours per day, my guess is a few),
[15:51:43] <godbyk> We'll start voting in about five minutes to give everyone time to get their questions answered and to finish reading the applications.
[15:51:46] <rickfosb> My current responsibilities allow me to work various hours, at my discretion. This gives me the opportunity to keep up to date with your progress, etc.
[15:52:23] <godbyk> Teotw and rickfosb: Do you have any questions for us about the editor in chief role or any of its duties?
[15:52:53] <Teotw> I don't think so
[15:53:27] <rickfosb> Sure: How many folks have been involved in the actual manual in the past? How many 'writers' should we expect to be involved this time?
[15:53:50] <hannie> Teotw, rickfosb have you given translating the Manual a thought?
[15:54:47] <godbyk> rickfosb: In the past, we had assigned one or more authors to each chapter, and one editor to each chapter. Usually the chapter editors covered multiple chapters.
[15:55:03] <Teotw> hannie: no, sorry - do you mean getting people to translate it? I know a few people who *might* be interested - though that's a big might
[15:55:13] <rickfosb> I have some 'limited' Spanish skills. So, I've only thought about how to use vi and text editors to manipulate provided translations.
[15:55:18] <Teotw> (that's into Spanish, by the way)
[15:55:49] <godbyk> rickfosb: The number of authors is hard to determine as anyone can commit code, but I'd guess that we had less than a dozen primary authors.
[15:56:12] <rickfosb> godbyk; thanks.
[15:56:23] <Teotw> I have, by the way, limited French skills (B GCSE) and um, well, I'm currently learning Ancient Greek
[15:56:30] <Teotw> Though that's probably not helpful!
[15:56:51] <godbyk> rickfosb: When it comes to translators, the number varies wildly from language to language. Some of the languages had a dozen or more translators, while others only had two or three.
[15:58:21] <rickfosb> I saw some work come in this week. I expect that merging those documents 'might' be a challenge, but again, with latex as your guide, seems doable.
[15:58:32] <hannie> Teotw, I meant getting translation teams involved
[15:58:40] <c7p1> Teotw: i don't think there are many who will read the manual in Ancient Greek :P
[15:58:54] <Teotw> c7p1: Well, you never know :P
[15:59:21] <c7p1> regarding the translations EiC hasn't any responsibility on them, right godbyk ?
[15:59:26] <Teotw> hannie: Ah! I see!
[15:59:40] <Teotw> hannie: shall I re-answer?
[16:00:05] <hannie> maybe it is not one of the tasks for the eic
[16:00:38] <godbyk> c7p1: Not directly. We have a translation editor who is in change of managing each translated edition. The translation editors are basically equivalent to the editor in chief of the primary English edition.
[16:01:06] <c7p1> thanks for making it clear :)
[16:02:29] <godbyk> Okay, so let me explain how to vote. [This ought to be entertaining.]
[16:02:39] <godbyk> [TOPIC] Elect an editor in chief
[16:03:30] <godbyk> We have four applicants: Fosburgh (rickfosb), Humnabadkar, Burgos, and Duncan (Teotw).
[16:04:01] <godbyk> We'll be voting using the instant-runoff method (
[16:04:12] <godbyk> Anyone can vote.
[16:04:24] <hannie> Can we vote when only two of the applicants are present?
[16:04:46] <godbyk> To vote, you'll need to rearrange the four names in the order of preference, most preferred applicant's name first.
[16:05:02] <godbyk> hannie: Yes. They're not required to attend, though we did invite everyone.
[16:05:30] <MichealH> godbyk, Cant we just [VOTE] and count the +1's?
[16:05:32] <MichealH> :P
[16:06:00] <godbyk> MichealH: We considered that, but this method avoids ties and revotes.
[16:06:14] <MichealH> Okies
[16:06:22] <MichealH> I will look up xP
[16:06:49] <godbyk> For example, if you preferred ApplicantB over ApplicantA, you'd say: godbyk: ApplicantB ApplicantA.
[16:07:15] <godbyk> Any questions on the voting procedure?
[16:07:41] <jasono> No.
[16:07:49] <MichealH> godbyk, Out of the people attended today: Teotw, rickfosb
[16:08:14] <godbyk> MichealH: You can vote for all four applicants (not just Teotw and rickfosb).
[16:08:24] <MichealH> I see that Teotw would work alot, so would rickfosb
[16:08:35] <godbyk> List all four applicant's names in order of preference.
[16:08:45] <hannie> You want us to put the four names in order of preference?
[16:08:50] <godbyk> hannie: Yes.
[16:10:08] <godbyk> When you've figured out your preferences, let me know and I will keep a tally.
[16:10:30] <godbyk> We will close the voting in 10 minutes (at 21:20 UTC).
[16:10:43] <godbyk> If you have any questions, please let me know.
[16:11:28] <hannie> It's not a secret vote, is it?
[16:11:51] <godbyk> hannie: Good question.
[16:12:01] <MichealH> I have made my vote
[16:12:02] <godbyk> Do we want all votes to be public or should we allow anonymous votes?
[16:12:18] <MichealH> godbyk, Private ones if they want :)
[16:12:39] <godbyk> Okay. You can either vote publicly in this channel or message me privately with your votes.
[16:12:53] <c7p1> that's good
[16:12:56] <godbyk> I'll report all the votes in this channel (but remove the voters' names from the privately cast votes).
[16:14:00] <godbyk> Vote received: Fosburgh Burgos Duncan Humnabadkar
[16:15:26] <godbyk> Vote received: Fosburgh Duncan Burgos Humnabadkar
[16:16:00] <shrini> Duncan Fosburgh Humnabadkar Burgos
[16:16:02] <godbyk> Vote received: Fosburgh Duncan Burgos Humnabadkar
[16:16:28] <shrini> godbyk: Duncan Fosburgh Humnabadkar Burgos
[16:17:18] * godbyk opens a spreadsheet before this gets too insane. :-)
[16:17:53] <hannie> Where is your secretary?
[16:18:00] <MichealH> godbyk, Duncan Fosburgh Burgos Humnabadkar
[16:18:03] <godbyk> hannie: If only I had one! :-)
[16:19:10] <godbyk> Vote received: Duncan Fosburgh Burgos Humnabadkar
[16:20:44] <godbyk> So far I've received votes from: godbyk, c7p1, hannie, jasono, rickfosb, shrini, MichealH.
[16:20:44] <MichealH> godbyk, Nice script you have there :P
[16:20:52] <godbyk> Anyone else have any last-minute votes?
[16:21:19] <MichealH> godbyk, Can you tell us the results so far?
[16:21:25] <MichealH> I expect it will be close...
[16:21:56] <godbyk> Sure. One sec.
[16:22:15] <godbyk> Okay, our ten minutes are up.
[16:22:21] <godbyk> Let me tally up the results here.
[16:22:37] <hannie> Before the EiC is elected I want to say thanks to all the candidates
[16:22:50] <Teotw> Thanks to all you too
[16:22:50] * MichealH seconds that
[16:23:05] <godbyk> Okay, I've got the totals.
[16:23:14] <MichealH> godbyk, Last Place first!
[16:23:25] <MichealH> Last place was:
[16:23:26] <godbyk> We had seven voters.
[16:23:31] <hannie> suspense
[16:23:47] <godbyk> Here are the totals for each candidate:
[16:23:57] <MichealH> godbyk, Last place to first place?
[16:24:13] <godbyk> Fosburgh: first: 4, second: 3, third: 0, fourth: 0
[16:24:36] <godbyk> Humnabadkar: first: 0, second: 0, third: 1, fourth: 6
[16:24:49] <godbyk> Burgos: first: 0, second: 1, third: 5, fourth: 1
[16:25:03] <godbyk> Duncan: first: 3, second: 3: third: 1, fourth: 0.
[16:25:18] <MichealH> SO CLOSE :P
[16:25:20] <godbyk> A majority of votes would be 4 or more.
[16:25:30] * shrini whistles
[16:25:30] <hannie> pffff
[16:25:36] <godbyk> With 4 first-preference votes, Fosburgh has been elected as editor in chief.
[16:25:51] <Teotw> Grats, Fosburgh
[16:25:52] * shrini claps and whistles
[16:25:57] <rickfosb> Thank you all!
[16:25:57] <MichealH> Congrats, rickfosb
[16:26:00] <shrini> wishes rickfosb
[16:26:01] <godbyk> So congratulations, rickfosb.
[16:26:10] <hannie> rickfosb, congrats!
[16:26:13] <godbyk> And huge thanks to all of our applicants.
[16:26:16] <c7p1> Congrats all !
[16:26:37] <Teotw> Thanks
[16:26:42] <godbyk> While you didn't win the election, we'd love for you to join our team.
[16:26:53] <Teotw> Me?
[16:26:58] <c7p1> of course
[16:27:10] <Teotw> What would I do?
[16:27:16] <rickfosb> I'll look forward to your help Teotw!
[16:27:19] <hannie> standby
[16:27:23] <godbyk> To all of our candidates, you're welcome to join our team and help out.
[16:27:45] * jasono :s
[16:28:07] <godbyk> Teotw: Don't worry -- there's never a shortage of work to be done!
[16:28:21] <hannie> what luxury!
[16:28:44] <Teotw> Don't suppose I could be told why I didn't get voted for?
[16:28:53] <Teotw> lol
[16:29:00] <godbyk> I will add the votes to the minutes.
[16:29:10] <c7p1> thanks all for coming and voting
[16:29:33] <hannie> you're welcome
[16:29:44] <godbyk> c7p1: Since our meeting has run so long, should we address the maverick release in our next meeting or do you want to go ahead and do it now?
[16:30:12] <MichealH> Lets do it now :P
[16:30:27] <rickfosb> Agree.
[16:30:49] <godbyk> Okay. I'll let c7p1 handle that then (being as he wrote the agenda and all). :-)
[16:30:57] <godbyk> [TOPIC] Maverick release
[16:31:02] <hannie> It's close to midnight here in Europe, but I don't mind
[16:31:27] <godbyk> c7p1: It'll let you lead this topic.
[16:32:03] <godbyk> c7p1: Still around?
[16:32:08] <c7p1> actually there is nothing from me to tell about the Maverick
[16:32:18] <godbyk> Ah, okay.
[16:32:38] <c7p1> i mean it was supposed to be an update for screenshots that's all the maverick update essentially
[16:32:48] <hannie> Natty will be released shortly
[16:33:30] <c7p1> yes we should start talking about Natty
[16:33:43] <shrini> I hope natty manual will require more work as it has unity
[16:34:03] <godbyk> Would you like to discuss Natty a bit now or wait until our next meeting?
[16:34:18] <MichealH> godbyk, Now, April is just arount the corner
[16:34:23] <godbyk> shrini: Natty will definitely require a lot more work as we can't just make a few small changes.
[16:34:23] <MichealH> *around
[16:34:28] <hannie> I was wondering if the manual can be put chapter by finished chapter on Launchpad
[16:34:41] <shrini> let us finish discussion about maverick now
[16:34:54] <godbyk> MichealH: True, but we've also kept everyone here for 1.5 hours already and some of them are in time zones where it's quite late.
[16:35:21] <godbyk> Okay, so on the Maverick front, I think that we still need to take the updated screenshots.
[16:35:24] <hannie> godbyk, it is never too early
[16:35:40] <godbyk> I *think* that the screenshots list is the same as it was for Lucid, but we'll need to double-check that.
[16:35:52] <c7p1> maybe natty planning should be next meeting's goal
[16:35:58] <MichealH> I can kidnap a handy doc guy :P
[16:36:00] <godbyk> To take the screenshots, we need to grab the latest version of Quickshot, figure out how to use it, and make sure it's working okay.
[16:36:07] * c7p1 sorry for slow responses
[16:36:32] <MichealH> c7p1, Its okay
[16:38:53] <shrini> is there any other pending task for maverick?
[16:39:19] <godbyk> shrini: I think screenshots are the primary one.
[16:39:33] <godbyk> shrini: Other pending tasks would be to continue to pore over it for errors.
[16:40:33] <c7p1> there is nobody here knowing for screenshots, i think jenkings was supposed to give us more info but i'm not at all sure
[16:40:33] <shrini> godbyk: reading about quickshot
[16:41:05] <shrini> godbyk: will try to do that task of capturing screenshots
[16:41:23] <godbyk> shrini: Thanks.
[16:41:30] <shrini> can anyone guide me on what to do after this meeting?
[16:41:42] <Teotw> ditto!
[16:42:00] <godbyk> shrini: If you want to look at Quickshot, that'd be helpful. Download the latest version, see if it works, and then write some instructions on how to use it.
[16:42:12] <shrini> sure
[16:42:24] <godbyk> Has anyone been using Natty yet?
[16:42:55] <Teotw> I tested it the other day
[16:43:07] <godbyk> We need to make a list of changes between Maverick and Natty. What parts of the manual need to be updated? What parts need to be replaced entirely (Unity)? Etc.
[16:43:08] <rickfosb> Just an initial glance. I haven't spent any real time as yet.
[16:44:34] <rickfosb> Sounds like section 2? I didn't see any differences during installation. anyone?
[16:45:41] <hannie> You could open a wiki page for that
[16:46:54] <godbyk> I'll add a discussion of Natty changes to our next meeting's agenda.
[16:47:10] <godbyk> If anyone would like to install Natty and poke around and start a list of changes, that'd be great.
[16:47:23] <Teotw> I don't mind doing that
[16:47:29] <godbyk> You can create a wiki page for it under
[16:47:42] <hannie> And post changes on the mailing list?
[16:47:43] <c7p1> for natty changes you could also use this
[16:47:58] <hannie> ok
[16:48:00] <godbyk> You're welcome to use the mailing list to discuss changes, too, yes.
[16:48:09] <Teotw> kk
[16:48:22] <godbyk> c7p1: I'm starting to be a little more wary of pads since it seems they are offline a lot. :)
[16:48:41] <c7p1> godbyk: you are right
[16:48:56] <c7p1> maybe a google doc ?
[16:48:57] <godbyk> rickfosb: I'll send you an email soon to fill you in on some of the fun things we have planned for you.
[16:49:19] <rickfosb> godbyk; thanks
[16:49:58] <godbyk> [TOPIC] Any Other Business
[16:50:15] <godbyk> I think it's getting a bit late for some folks, and I don't want to keep you any longer.
[16:50:25] <godbyk> Is there any other business that needs to be discussed?
[16:50:31] <hannie> So, when is the next meeting?
[16:50:42] <godbyk> We've been trying to schedule meetings every couple weeks.
[16:50:53] <godbyk> The frequency of the meetings can be adjusted as needed, of course.
[16:51:13] <shrini> godbyk: installed quickshot
[16:51:20] <shrini> will test it and mail the team later
[16:51:25] <shrini> getting very late
[16:51:32] <shrini> it is 3.30 am for me
[16:51:39] <shrini> very good morning for all
[16:51:41] <shrini> :-)
[16:51:49] <godbyk> Between now and the next meeting, feel free to use this IRC channel and our mailing list to stay in touch, ask any questions, continue discussions, etc.
[16:52:04] <hannie> ok, bedtime for me too
[16:52:04] <c7p1> for me there is nothing more
[16:52:07] <shrini> wishes for the new leads
[16:52:12] <hannie> see you all nest time, guys
[16:52:18] <shrini> thanks for all participants
[16:52:18] <godbyk> Thanks everyone for coming.
[16:52:26] <godbyk> And thanks especially to all of our applicants!
[16:52:28] <hannie> *next
[16:52:31] <Teotw> :)
[16:52:34] <c7p1> Thank you all for coming
[16:52:36] <rickfosb> :)
[16:52:46] <c7p1> next meeting in two weeks or next week ?
[16:52:51] <komsas> I'm happy to see that ubuntu manual community begin to live again. Good luck and don't stop :)
[16:52:52] <godbyk> We'll post the minutes to the mailing list soon.
[16:53:02] <godbyk> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.